8.31.2010

Farewell to the Big Apple

Our tour of NYC is finally over! On our last evening together Tyler and I took one final walk around the financial district, my favorite part of NYC, and then grabbed dinner at Peanut Butter & Co. I had the famous Fluffernutter (creamy peanut butter & marshmallow fluff w/ bananas) while Tyler enjoyed the Jerry Seinfeld Special (toasted bagel smothered in creamy peanut butter, honey & cinnamon); YUM!

I am soooo excited to not be living in the big city anymore, but I do have some fond memories of our time there. For example, watching a guy fall asleep mid-dunk (chicken Mcnugget into sweet & sour sauce) on the train from Newark to Manhattan, and then watching him wake up, fingers covered in sauce, toss the nugget into his mouth and chew for a few seconds before then falling asleep mid-chew! Seriously, how tired can you be?!

Anyways, I haven't been super stoked on the idea of us living in L.A. for a few years either, but NYC has made me appreciate it's west coast counterpart a little more. Tyler is thrilled I have finally jumped on the bandwagon and suggested I write down a few things in L.A. that made me smile this weekend. So, here I go:

1. Fresh air! Less smoke, less garbage, less urine in the streets, and less weirdy food restaurants.
2. When I go running in the morning people smile and say "Good Morning" instead of glaring or cussing out some poor bloke on the phone all day; aka, people are happy not angry 90% of the time.
3. Actual markets with everything I'm looking for and no rotting produce smells.
4. Good, fresh produce!!
5. Ahhh, the Focus. I actually smiled when I sat down in him for the first time (although I may have forgotten how to drive a manual slightly and may have used 2nd gear as 1st gear for the first little while). No more hot, stinky, always late subway.
6. The cool ocean breeze and perfectly warm summer days :)
7. Grass. It's the simple things.
8. Cheaper.... everything!
9. BONUS: I passed by a Plumeria tree on my morning run the other day and it smelled soooooo good!! I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment