8.17.2010

Paris

Last nite Tyler and I opted for a simple dinner out to celebrate our 2-year anniversary. We decided that we didn't need to do anything too amazing since we've pretty much been traveling all over the world since April and we are far from done. Over dinner we contemplated all that we've done in the past two years- which is a lot, but it's been great! We were lucky enough to spend a few days in Paris, just us, at the end of June and I realized that I never posted anything about the trip. So, of all the trips we've taken during our second year of marriage, I figured a little blurb about the city of love, Paris (said Paree), was appropriate.



Although Paris is not the most beautiful city I've ever been to, everything we saw was absolutely gorgeous. We spent our first day wandering around Notre Dame, Saint Chapelle and the two small islands there. In the evening we spent a good four hours at the Louvre and that was only to see a few specific pieces; including the Winged Victory which is one of my absolute favorites!


The second day we spent all day touring the gardens and palaces at Versailles. The palaces were exquisite and beautifully ornate in every possible way. I loved the furniture and all the gold, but my favorite was still Marie Antoinette's Hamlet- I wish I could live there cause it's just so cute :) The last day we soared to the top of the Eiffel Tower- incredible! Then we spent the remainder of our time there wandering the city and seeing a few other sites like the Pantheon and the Arc de Triomphe. Our trip was grand; and yes, I ate at least two Nutella crepes a day. Yum!


How Tyler probably wished he could've spent the entire afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment