9.13.2010

Locks of Love

A couple of weeks ago I finally cut my hair. It had gotten REALLY long, and my awesome friend Jenna did the honors of chopping off a good 12 inches!! We did it all at once so that I could donate it to Locks of Love, since it is all natural (i.e. never been dyed). I only cut it after I had contemplated the decision for months (like since January) and I carefully studied a thousand different short hairstyles to make sure I wouldn't hate the person looking
back at me in the mirror every morning. I finally decided on something similar to Katie Holmes' bob (no, I am not a Katie Holmes fan).

The chop wasn't quite as traumatic as I thought it would be, but of course I already have days where I miss my long hair. I'm still having fun with it short, but I have no idea how to style it properly. I actually bought my first round brush ever (I know I'm way behind), and I've discovered a few new hair products that are helping. Anyways, I just received an email with this sweet little certificate to prove I donated too! And since it is so awkward to take a picture by myself you'll have to do with these for my before and after pics.

And so.... TA-DA!!

(**If you or a loved one were removed from one of these photos, please do not be offended. I still love you!)

4 comments:

  1. Kate! i love your new hair! it looks just gargeous...though i am sure you would look beautiful no matter what you did to it. Love you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO cute!!! I love it!
    I've always wanted to do Locks of Love, but I always give in and dye my hair...
    *muah*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, LOVE the hair! Very cute and very becoming!

    ReplyDelete