10.02.2011

General Conference Weekend

Does anyone else feel like General Conference is a Mormon-specific holiday? Cause I do, and I love every minute of it!! Tyler and I opted to keep it low key this time and watched all the general sessions from our bed at home (and yes, I still managed to stay awake throughout). We, of course, had donuts and orange juice for breakfast on Saturday morning, but Tyler wasn't able to make his traditional scones for our Sunday morning session so we had waffles instead.

Anyways, one of the highlights of the conference for me was the announcement of the Provo Tabernacle, which almost completely burned in a fire earlier this year, being turned into a new temple, making Provo the first city to house two LDS temples- soooo exciting! Having spent lots of time in the historic building as a student at BYU, I cannot wait to visit Provo again after the temple's completion! It is seriously just very, very cool!


I LOVED all of President Monson's remarks during conference- he is such a happy, inspiring man and I love him! Other talks that stood out to me were: Randall K. Bennett's, Sister Elaine S. Dalton's, Ian S. Ardern's, Carl B. Cook's, Elder Robert D. Hales', Elder L. Tom Perry's, Elder Quentin L. Cook's, and President Uchtdorf's talk from the General Relief Society meeting.

If you missed you be sure to go watch/listen at lds.org. I promise you will not be disappointed :)

And Happy October! I feel like I have been waiting for fall all year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment