5.16.2010

Home Away From Home

The Preston England Temple has just made my top 5 list. Although it isn't the most beautiful temple I have ever seen and I wasn't able to go inside, our visit to the grounds could not have come at a better time.

Not only was I personally having one of those days where nothing seems to go right, but we had all been on the coach for nearly three days and everyone was at the point where they didn't care about seeing anything else, we just wanted to get home. The professors thought it would be a nice surprise, if we were running ahead of schedule, to make a quick stop at the temple. Luckily we had a few extra minutes and we had about 20 minutes to roam the temple and MTC grounds there. By the time we all got back on the coach it was like an entirely different group of people.

I love the temple and I love the feelings that are felt there. I couldn't help feeling like I was back in Hawaii with my family while being there. It really is a little bit of heaven on earth and my home away from home that I can find just about anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment