4.24.2013

10 mos





22 lbs 6 oz, 29.5 inches

I can't believe how big my little man is now. When Tyler and I go in to peek at him sleeping every night (yes, every night because we are creeper parents), we are amazed at how big he looks in the crib. I remember when we first brought him home from the hospital and he looked so silly in that crib- just a tiny, little bean in the middle of it. We love all of the sweet things he's doing now though, including walking... almost! Here are some of the highlights:

1. He LOVES playing peek-a-boo and has figured out how to cover his own eyes with his hands. And when we toss a blanket over his head and ask, "Where's Winston?", he likes to make you wait for a few seconds before he pulls the blanket down giggling.

2. He talks constantly and often uses hand gestures. He will come stand up next to me and then just talk and shake his hands all over the place for a few minutes at a time. He also growls a lot :)

3. He took eleven unassisted steps today! Previously he had only taken four steps at a time and always when he wasn't really paying attention. This time I could tell he was very focused on his balance and he immediately turned to me with a huge smile when he finally fell over.

4. He now has four teeth- three on the bottom and one on top. Yeah, we know that's weird. His other front tooth is soooo close though and I wouldn't be surprised to see it in the morning.

5. He LOVES his daddy. He gets the biggest smile on his face when he sees Tyler and then gets upset if Tyler leaves the room. He also loves it when Tyler swings him up over his head, tickles him, chases him, etc. They're best friends!

6. He has started to enter the "let me empty every container I can find" phase. He is soooo busy around the house all day, just walking along the walls and furniture picking at every new thing.

7. He's started to figure out how everything works, i.e. opening and closing doors, putting toys together, bending his arms to get out of the carseat, etc.

8. Instead of crying (unless he has a good, hard fall) he does a high-pitched yelp sort of thing. It makes me laugh and I'd take that over crying any day.

9. He is such a sweet little shnuggler! He gives me kisses and love bonks all the time and he'll come over to me several times a day and just rest his head on my leg or shoulder for a minute.

10. He does this funny thing when he really into something- he tightens his whole body, makes a serious face, and holds his hands up karate chop style, while grunting. It's hilarious and I have no idea why he does that every time. He also has a really awesome serious face :)

11. He enjoys bathtime, cheerios, bike rides, the mirror, walking around our bed, his swaddle, playing in the car outside of his carseat, waving, walking on the couch, playing with keys, swinging at the park, and a lot of other things...

We are still convinced he is the most perfect babe ever and he is just so handsome! Oh, and his chubby thighs have thinned out quite a bit :( Sad, but I think the cheeks will hang around a little while longer!

P.S. We took photos at the temple today and I always forget how awesome temple landscapers are :) Everything looked and smelled so pretty!!

1 comment:

  1. I love his little red pants in these photos!! He's such a dapper little dude. x

    ReplyDelete