Tyler and I cooked up a delicious lobster for our ward's Trunk' or' Treat Saturday nite. He was the yummiest lobster I've ever had, and a popular lobster too. I think he might've won best costume had there been a competition. In fact, Sunday at church everyone (including people I've never spoken to before) kept saying, "Oh, there's that cute lobster!" What can I say? Everyone loves my squishy, little babe!!
...is 4 months old!! I know, once upon a time, I said I wasn't going to do monthly updates on Winston, but this is my journal and I've changed my mind :) So here's the update:
- W is now 18 lbs. and 26 inches long
- He rolls over both ways (the first official roll was October 14th from back to tummy and we haven't actually seen him roll from tummy to back, but we know he can do it)
- He isn't as fascinated by his own hands anymore, but mama's hand is definitely cool
- He talks a lot, especially in the morning. If he's not talking a sure way to get him to is to stick your finger in his mouth- no idea why. Also, he's very polite when it comes to talking; he never talks when someone else is talking and waits a minute after you're done before answering.
- He is very into his toes right now
- He's pretty ticklish- feet, neck, armpits, and tummy!
- When he's sad or a little scared (like when a fire engine flies past us with sirens blaring) he makes a turtle face- it is soooo cute and soooo sad at the same time!
- He likes to read books
- He still loves standing, and sitting in a big kid chair by himself
- He's becoming very social and smiles back at everyone who smiles at him
- He loves his blanket/swaddles and will immediately pull it up over his face when you give him one
- He loves walks and watching cars
- He loves wearing cardigans... or maybe mama loves him wearing cardigans :)
- He has a pretty set routine now- sleeps 11 hours a nite, eats four times a day, and takes one, long afternoon nap.
- He sleeps mostly on his side and loves to keep his hands up by his face, though he still rolls around and ends up with his head in a corner or at the opposite end of the crib at nite (we have become creeper parents and go in his room to stare at him sleep several times each nite)
- He likes to shnuggle in mama and daddy's bed in the morning
- He enjoys playing on his stomach...
...until he doesn't...
...and he just goes to sleep :)
Winston is much more interested in toys now, though you can tell his mind is ahead of his hand-eye coordination. He gets frustrated when he can't keep the toy in is mouth sometimes. He also keeps his feet up in the air whenever he's playing now.
Winston enjoys tummy time on his tummy pillow and is soooo close to rolling over. In fact, he's starting to play on his side a lot more and he is a major wiggler. The last couple of mornings he's woken up with either a leg or an arm sticking out of his crib. Bumpers coming soon.
Winston still loves standing, especially when we stand him up on the changing table right after we change him. Can you tell?
I think he was also excited about his new seersucker pants. I think he's going to be a little preppy like his daddy :)
For about a week and a half now Winston has changed up his morning routine and right after he eats breakfast falls back asleep for about an hour. I usually just keep him with me and shnuggle. It's my favorite thing right now, and he almost always turns in towards my chest which makes it even sweeter!