6.11.2012

The Waiting Game

The other day I asked Tyler, "Is it weird that I'm excited to be in the most intense pain of my life?"

"Yes."

Well, it may be weird, but it's true. I was thinking about this waiting game all weekend, as I was just sitting around waiting, and it struck me that I'm actually pretty bummed out that I'm not in more pain right now. I'm also a little disappointed that I haven't "wet" my pants today. And I'm really looking forward to having a large needle stuck into my spine.

For me, it's not even that I'm very uncomfortable. In fact, I still feel great and I'm still able to do most things I was able to do before having a watermelon stuck to the front of me (although there is that one skinny closet that I can no longer squeeze into), but I'm just so anxious and ready for this little gent to make his grand appearance that I spend half my day dreaming about standing awkwardly in a pool of amniotic fluid somewhere ridiculous- like a grocery store aisle. I don't even think I would have time to be embarrassed because I would be so excited! Just as long as Tyler isn't around, because there are so many things about that situation that he would not be okay with :)

I've been really excited about things before- getting married, Christmas morning, going to London, etc., but I feel like it's an entirely different excitement when what you can't wait for is possibly excruciating pain, awkward pants wetting, and large needles. But I just can't wait!! I'm so excited and nothing is distracting enough for me right now.

Anyways, I'm off to go eat some pineapple. Or do some stairs. Or heavy lifting. Or maybe eat a jalapeno. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment