2.14.2012

Colorado Re-cap

Tyler and I spent a couple days in Denver prior to the annual Turner ski trip in Aspen. While we were there we stayed at my best friend Monica's parent's home in Aurora and were lucky enough to get 19 inches of snow!! I say lucky, though Tyler might tell you something different since we did have to shovel a driveway for the first time ever. But, it was so so so beautiful and I could've sat by the window all day watching it! Everything looks better covered in some sparkly white snow if you ask me!

Pretty snowfall in front of the Fiala's house.

Evergreen trees and fences laden with lots of fluffy snow!

We also had the opportunity to drive out to Greeley, CO, which is where I was born and spent the first 11 years of my life before moving to Hawaii. I hadn't been back since we moved and it was fun to see what has changed and what is still the same.

The bell tower at my elementary school.

Our old church building- it was exactly as I remembered it, inside and out!

Our old home- a few trees, some kids, and some toys were definitely missing.

The "big" bridge at Epple Park (down the street from our old house). Somehow almost everything was much smaller than I'd remembered.

We also stopped by the temple to take a few pictures- sooo pretty!!

After our fun in Denver we headed over to Aspen to meet up with Tyler's family for ski week. I, of course, did not ski this year, but took the time to enjoy some more snowy weather. Unfortunately, the week ended with a bad stomach flu, so hopefully things go a little better next year.

This is the only photo I took while in Snowmass/Aspen. Our main camera lens was in the shop, so all I had was our mega zoom lens and it was too hard trying to get photos when I had to back up like a hundred feet to get it all in. Maybe next time we'll get some better ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment