We recently bought two of these wing-backs, and this one has become W's chair.
- He loves to kick and is really good at it. He'll line the ball up (and you), dribble it or jog in place for a minute, then kick it perfectly straight with a follow through. No idea where he got his amazing skills from, but he practices 24/7 so I guess we'll be putting him in soccer before long.
- He is talking a lot and says quite a few real words including ball, hot, hello/hi, dada, mama, baby, yes (several variations here), no, oh no, bye, whoa, all done, thank you, Pa, Ben, & Dane (the neighbor boy). I know there are a few others, but I can't think of them all right now. He also does a million animal sounds, my favorites being butterfly, dolphin & donkey.
- His face is extremely expressive, so you always know exactly how he feels about something. He gives stink-eye like no other.
- He is all boy- balls, tools, legos, rocks, sticks, cars, and scooters are his favorites.
- He also loves to read. His current favorite books are There's a Wocket in My Pocket by Dr. Suess, Peter Pan, Little Blue Truck by Alice Schertle, & The Zoo I Drew by Todd H. Doodler.
- He is VERY particular. He always knows exactly what he wants and how he wants it.
- He is also very clean. He frequently picks up his toys and books on his own and whenever he finds trash or crumbs, outside or inside, he says "oh no" and hands it to me to dispose of.
- He is still a pretty picky eater, but has recently started to eat more of a variety. I'm crossing my fingers it sticks :)
- He loves it when Daddy tosses him "high in the sky" and asks for it over and over again.
- He also loves to watch Daddy throw anything else (mostly balls) high.
- At night when we do his bedtime routine, he always asks Daddy for a kiss, then tells him to kiss Mama, and then gets a big smile on his face as he waves goodbye. He is such a sweet boy!
- When he's not really eating we'll ask him to do airplane and he'll do it to himself to take a bite each time.
- He is very proportionate- in the 85 percentile for head size, height & weight.
- He still loves baths; especially bubble baths.
- He is obsessed with putting lotion, shaving cream, chapstick, hand sanitizer, & deoderant on.
- I think his favorite food right now is probably graham crackers.
- He often dances/prances around on his tip-toes when he's really excited or having a lot of fun. We call it his 'happy feet'.
- If he could spend all of his time outside, he would.
- He likes to sing and dance and he loves it when Tyler and I sing "If You're Happy & You Know It" & "Jingle Bells".
- When we give him a bite of something (anything!) he'll often slowly close his eyes while he takes the bite as if he is savoring every moment. It's an eyes rolling back in the head kind of thing.
- He likes to help out around the house; especially emptying the dishwasher and putting clothes in the dryer.
- He started nursery in December and seems to enjoy it and do just fine so far.
- He is still pretty attached to his swaddle- he takes it everywhere, sucks on it and plays with the tags, & can't sleep without it.
- When something doesn't go his way he furrows his brow and smacks his thighs with both hands or stomps his foot.
- When he colors he only wants to use blue and orange.
- He is a sweet, well-behaved little boy and we love him!!
Always happy with a ball
He learned to blow kisses and I think it is the cutest thing ever :)
We couldn't love him more!