- Although I've never much cared for Spanish-influenced design, they pull it off. Old and new buildings have this sweet Spanish charm that just fits in so well there and almost makes you want to live in a little adobe hut- but not quite :)
- San Antonio is a big city, with a small town feel. It is not dominated by skyscrapers and the lifestyle there is very much country still.
- Despite how hot it is, there is still a lot of greenery. Most of photos seem to be dominated by bright green plant-life and it looks beautiful.
- "Miss Congeniality," which was filmed here, is what first put San Antonio on the map for me. I couldn't help quoting it the whole time we were there and, much to Tyler's chagrin, for the two or three weeks before I left as well. We even tried to watch the movie one nite while in San Antonio, but alas, the hotel room had no DVD player :( No worries though, cause I bought the movie the day after I got back home :)
- It is home to the first annual Lowe Girls' Trip!! Get excited, cause this will not be a one-hit-wonder!!
"Remember The Alamo!" - Emily, Amy and I all enjoyed seeing the small, old mission and I finally learned what actually happened there too :)
San Antonio LDS Temple - We all loved the stain glass windows and the views from the hill the temple was built on.
King William Historic District - Emily and I wandered around the old mansion district Sunday afternoon. The houses were absolutely gorgeous!
Spanish Governor's Palace - Emily and I also visited this tiny adobe palace Sunday afternoon. It was full of Spanish charm and in the back were some beautiful gardens.
Shelby May (6 mos) - Bibi tagged along with us and was such a trooper. It was about 104 degrees one afternoon and she was sweating up a storm, but she was fun to have around.