Last nite when Jo told me she was moving to L.A. I was so giddy that I decided to do a special friend (haha, Jo you're special) post just for her. Actually, I think I'm going to make this more regular- 'Special Friend' posts every so often (you can thank Gilly for the initial thought).
So here goes -
Background: Jordan Marie Wiliams (Fatu, Hoochie, Jo, Whoa!, etc.) and I met in the sixth grade shortly after my family moved to Hawaii. I have very few elementary/intermediate/high school memories that do not include Jo, and keep in mind that is even with her living in Basel, Switzerland for two of our high school years. Some of my all-time favorite memories of Hawaii involve sitting around Jo's house/backyard wearing boxer shorts and a tank top and doing absolutely nothing (or sometimes trying to watch Steel Magnolias :) Most of the time I think Jo and I are two completely different people in every possible way, but that is perhaps what makes us such perfect friends.
10 things I love about Jo:
- Your grandma face
- Our awful, awesome match-every-possible-thing outfits in high school
- Driving together singing along to Avril or Dashboard in Kaydan or the Ranger (no power steering included)
- Your lengthy boy history- only you Jo :)
- Sleeping in late in one large bed with you and Li, and someone always ending up in "the crack"- also an important part of The Kate, Li & Jo Show (P.S. I think we need a reunion episode soon.... )
- Your poems (my fav)
- The way you eat pizza- scrape all the cheese and toppings off and just eat the slightly sauced bread and no, breadsticks aren't good enough
- You came from Mama Robyn & Papa Ned (Budge)
- Everything intertube, kayak and Hukilau related
- You, you, you! I love you!